REFINE 

Browse All : Restaurants

1-2 of 2
The Grove House, Montecito
The Grove House, Montec...
ca. 1895
Alfred and Amelia Jacou...
Sturtevant, Roger
 
Title The Grove House, Montecito
Date ca. 1895
Description Alfred and Amelia Jacoutot in front of The Grove House. Jacoutot purchased "two parcels on opposite sides of the Montecito Creek on the south side of the county road" in Montecito. Montecito Creek and a wooden bridge can been seen to the left of The Grove House, circa 1895. Edson Smith Photo Collection no. 2901
The Grove House, Montecito
The Grove House, Montec...
ca. 1895
Alfred and Amelia Jacou...
Sturtevant, Roger
 
Title The Grove House, Montecito
Date ca. 1895
Description Alfred and Amelia Jacoutot in front of The Grove House, built in 1893 along the county road in Montecito. Alfred and Amelia came from Louisiana, opened The Grove House as a French restaurant. It became a popular destination being a ten minute walk from the Miramar train stop. The restaurant was known for its fine French cuisine and popular social functions. It closed in 1901, after the Jacoutot's opened a new French restaurant in Carpinteria. The Grove House later became the Howard School. Photo circa 1895. Edson Smith Photo Collection no. 2900
1-2 of 2