Edson Smith Photo Collection
The Grove House, Montecito
Alfred and Amelia Jacoutot in front of The Grove House, built in 1893 along the county road in Montecito. Alfred and Amelia came from Louisiana, opened The Grove House as a French restaurant. It became a popular destination being a ten minute walk from the Miramar train stop. The restaurant was known for its fine French cuisine and popular social functions. It closed in 1901, after the Jacoutot's opened a new French restaurant in Carpinteria. The Grove House later became the Howard School. Photo circa 1895. Edson Smith Photo Collection no. 2900
1 photograph : black and white ; 7.5 x 9.5 in.
Santa Barbara Public Library
Copyright status unknown. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.